DISCLAIMER: Individual applicants only: no employment agencies or consulting firms. The applicant must be able to live and work in the United States without sponsorship from Tanoshi. Must be 18+ years old to apply.
Lead Android Software Engineer
Looking to work for a high-growth, early-stage, social good company that’s changing the lives of thousands of school-age kids? Look no further.
Tanoshi is seeking a talented and passionate Lead Android Software Engineer to define and develop innovative mobile solutions targeting school age kids (ages 6 – teen).
We are on a mission to provide an equitable digital education for all kids. If you are mission-driven, have a passion for education and technology for kids, and want to make sure every child has a fair chance succeed – we’d love to hear from you.
Tanoshi was founded in 2016. We launched our first product, the Tanoshi 2-in-1 Computer in early 2018.
We develop unique consumer electronic products that are fun, age-appropriate and educational.
At Tanoshi, we have a world class team building the next generation of mobile solutions for kids.
Simple, Safe, Secure.
As the Lead Software Engineer you will rapidly define, design, implement, optimize, and evolve Tanoshi’s next generation Android devices (tablet, computer, smartphone, etc.). You will lead and manage the overall software team, everything from platform level to the app level. You will oversee all software projects, timelines and deliverables.
This is a key pivotal role that will set the benchmark for software engineering in the company.
Also, you will lead a team of onshore/offshore software engineers in building world class products.
- Smart, analytical, and creative problem solver.
- Leadership experience managing small teams, project management.
• Great verbal and written communication skills
• Professional experience with Java and Kotlin
• Good understanding of Linux internals
• Android Experience (ideally at the system level)
• 5+ years in software development
• 3+ years project management
- Great understanding of the Android framework internals and AOSP code.
• Experience with Android SDK, NDK and JNI
- Android mobile app development experience. You know how to build beautiful apps.
• Knowledge of Android software design patterns
• Experience working on graphics subsystems
• Strong understanding of (and experience working with) design environments and techniques such as Test-Driven Development, Agile Development, etc.
Other Desirable Traits:
- Fluent Chinese and English.
- Passion for childhood education and equitable opportunity.
- Can do attitude, nimble and flexible thinking. A passion for building great products.
- Expertise with setting up and maintaining design tools (configuration management, source control, build management, automation and unit test tool harness, IDE, issue tracking system, collaboration system, etc.
- Strong interest in mobile technology, including experience in iOS, Chrome, Windows.
To apply or learn more contact: Kate Traub, firstname.lastname@example.org or Brad Johnston, email@example.com.
*Important* Please include a cover letter describing yourself, outside of work. What types of activities do you like to do? What are you passionate about? Why do you want to join our team? We want to get to know you as a person. This is very important. Thank you!
To apply or learn more please contact: Kate Traub, firstname.lastname@example.org
Website and Technical Support Intern
About this Job
Tanoshi is a tech startup that’s making a difference through innovative computing solutions for kids between the ages of 6-12.
In order for a child to be successful in the future, we believe that it's crucial to introduce them to technology at an early age. Unfortunately, in our society there exists a tech gap, where underserved communities do not have the same access to technology as the more affluent ones. As we launch our first product, we are moving quickly and welcome someone who is driven and passionate when it comes to equality for all children within education and technology.
Tanoshi provides mentoring from experienced executives and the opportunity to work within the EdTech space from the inside. You will come in on the ground level, where you will not only gain valuable experience, but most importantly, you will make a difference in the lives of children across the country.
We are looking for a Website and Technical Support Intern.
- Help answer e-mail and support tickets from customers
- Be familiar with setup and maintenance procedures for our device
- Assists in maintaining and expanding our WordPress website
- Analyzing defective/returned units
- Communicate with student users at community-based events
- Expand FAQ support guide based on customer communication
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding end user needs who may not be tech savvy
- A solid understanding of Android OS and applications
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and customer communications
Good To Have
- Experience with WordPress
- Passion for early education and equal opportunity for all
With this internship, you will:
- Gain hands-on experience
- Learn the importance of customer communications
- Work within a team, where you will be able to contribute your ideas, hear other ideas, and ultimately help implement those ideas.
- Become a better organizer and learn how to prioritize your work assignments
- Build long-term business relationships
About Tanoshi Inc.
Tanoshi’s mission is to create fun + safe + educational products that kids love to use. Our products have built-in features that allow an adult to supervise a child’s device activities, providing peace of mind for busy parents.