Team Lead - Android Full Stack System Software Engineer
DISCLAIMER: Individual applicants only: no employment agencies or consulting firms. The applicant must be able to live and work in the United States without sponsorship from Tanoshi. Must be 18+ years old to apply.
Tanoshi is looking for a talented and passionate Lead Android System Software Engineer to develop innovative mobile solutions targeting school-age kids (ages 6 – teen).
Tanoshi was founded in 2016. We launched our first product, the Tanoshi 2-in-1 Computer in early 2018. We make unique consumer electronic products that are fun, age-appropriate and educational.
As the Lead Software Engineer you will rapidly define, design, implement, optimize, and evolve the user experience of Tanoshi's next-generation Android devices (tablets, computers, smartphones, etc.). This is a key pivotal role that will set the benchmark for software engineering in the company.
You will lead and manage the overall software team, everything from platform level to the app level. You will oversee all software projects, timelines, deliverables, and onshore/offshore software engineers.
● Smart, analytical, and creative problem solver
● Leadership experience managing small teams, project management
● Great verbal and written communication skills
● Strong proficiency with the Android development ecosystem, Java, and Android system
● Good understanding of Linux internals
● Android Experience (ideally at the system level)
● 5+ years in software development
● 3+ years of project management
● Great understanding of the Android framework internals and AOSP code
● Experience with Android SDK
● Android mobile app development experience. You know how to build beautiful apps
● Knowledge of Android software design patterns
● Strong understanding of (and experience working with) design environments and techniques such as Test-Driven Development, Agile Development, etc.
Other Desirable Traits:
● Fluent Chinese and English
● Passion for childhood education and equitable opportunity
● Familiarity with privacy by design principles
● Can-do attitude, nimble and flexible thinking. A passion for building great products.
● Expertise with setting up and maintaining design tools (configuration management, source control, build management, automation, and unit test tool harness, IDE, issue tracking system, collaboration system, etc.
● Strong interest in mobile technology
● BS, MS or PHD in computer science or related discipline